Thread: Tippett rings
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 07:26 PM

charged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Tippett rings

I would never try and argue that this method is better, For me its very fast and convenient (this works for me). I'm not successful enough of a caster to notice much of a difference, so when I'm fly fishing the convenience offered here with the ringed leaders out weighs what might be the solution that many argue offers the better overall performance.

The rings in question are light enough that there not going to sink your line. Id argue that they may also per long the life of the leader, but that is not why I fish them.

For me they make switching tippets a much faster process. Making me more likely to experiment. Every method will have both advantages, and drawbacks. In this hobby we all find different methods that work best for what we like to do.

I'm sure I do not have a scale light enough to weight the difference between methods, but this would be a interesting post for someone who does.

Last edited by charged; 05-06-2013 at 07:50 PM.