View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 08:39 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Should We Suspend Swaps For The Summer????

Just to clarify my previous post: I don't have first hand knowledge of people collecting flies and vanishing on this forum, but I've seen that happen on others. My point in bringing it up here was that it could potentially be at the very least a concern and obviously a potential problem.

The problems I know of in past swaps here are limited to what Ard mentioned in his post. People mailing in flies and not getting anything in return, people dropping from swaps, etc. At the end of the day, if I mail in flies for a swap and don't receive anything in return I don't much care what the circumstances are that led me to that point. It would however turn me off from swaps in general for a while.

I don't mind tying flies for folks and handing them out and when I do that, I don't expect anything in return. I'd like to think that the person appreciates them and might find their self in a position to pay it forward to another angler one day.

It should be no secret, I like this forum. I've often said it's one the the very best I've ever participated in, on any topic. I'd hate to see folks go to other forums to have to participate in swaps as it could lead make them less likely to contribute here long term, or not. I support whatever decisions are made as to whether to continue or suspend the swaps, especially since I am not volunteering anything more than ideas and opinions to continue them. Just getting my thoughts out there.