View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 01:11 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: And here comes the water...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
Good to hear you found a fishable water and caught a last fish before the run off season...aren't there any small streams or creeks that remain clear in your area Dean?
Yes, there are JP. In fact there are many many creeks that come out of the mountains and feed the Bitterroot. But they do not open till the end of May and by then it's less a matter of the water being clear, they will just be raging out of the mountains and these are all generally pretty small creeks many shooting down through rock canyons. But they drop faster than the big rivers and are fun to fish while waiting for the rivers to get into shape. I'll survive...I have for the past 14 seasons here. At least now I know what to expect. I remember my first spring here, I was amazing by big everything got and for how long. It still amazes me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Don't know if you got the two storms that went over southern Oregon (past two afternoons) but they were corkers. T and L and a down pour. A good thing, we need the rain badly.
That didn't make it over the mountains, Fred. But there is some rain in the forecast this week.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenacron View Post
The closest rivers to me (Provo and Weber) are both tailwaters so hard telling what the release plan will be day-to-day. This is generally when the flows start climbing, but as-of-today they are still holding back in the reservoirs at 60% and 70% of normal flows (respectively).
Get it while you can, Joe!