View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 09:49 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Orvis to Acquire the Scientific Anglers and Ross Reels Businesses from 3M

I read the Time article by Rana Foroohar in Time magazine. After a comment on here about Rana I did a bit of research on her. Her credentials are impressive as is her resum. She is not the only one aware that American manufacturing is ramping up again. I hold hopes that the Orvis experiment of pricing things as they do while making things offshore has played out and they have designs to bring things back to the country that made them who they are for well over a century.
With Chinese wages soaring uphill maybe the tide is finally turning.
If Ross starts making Orvis reels here there's a strong possibility the only Orvis reels I own which were made in England and have some miles on them will be joined by more Orvis reels made right here.

Still, unless you sit in on the meetings in mohagany row at Sunderland VT, like me, you're guessing what will become of this merger. It is fun reading and seeing what people imagine will happen.
As a satisfied customer of all three companies I wish them all the best in the future.