View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 09:55 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: And here comes the water...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattneeds View Post
Fished the LBF two weeks ago and the fishing was awesome with streamers with the water flowing at just under 100 cfs. Drove by the upper Clark this weekend and even though the water was noticeably higher than last week it was just barely off color. Talked to this guy fishing as there was a ton of PMD's (it looked like) and stones coming of the river...looked like it was awesome fishing.

Dean you should be fishing the MO, fishing is absolutely crazy right now and the flows are perfect.
Love LBF and I always forget that it has an extended open season. I heard that the upper Clark was still in decent shape...but it's way early for PMDs. Drakes, March Browns, Baetis and Olives...so who cares what the name is!

I know, I never get the Mo as ridiculous as that is for the fishery it is an only a couple hours away. But with a 4 year old at home I just don't get to pack up and take entire days off for myself very often. I'll get up there this spring, along with everyone else from Missoula!

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyb View Post
I always forget how much warmer that side of MT gets. Yellowstone is blown out now, but Stillwater and lesser known Rock Creek are still really nice till about July depending on the weather.

I feel for you though Dean, I work 2 blocks from the creek and we had stoneflies in the parking lot today. All I can think about is tossing some big bugs, like you guys get to do in the early spring. I feel like I might have just missed it though.
Yellowstone is toast already? You must have gotten warmer earlier than us. What kinda stones are hatching on Rock Creek? I've never fished there, though I've taken good looks at your streams the couple times I've gone out there to take my gun hikes while watching Muleys graze a half mile away just across the fence line!