View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should We Suspend Swaps For The Summer????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
When did that happen, and who was the culprit?
Dan: You may or may not know that Mark had handled all the fly swap hosting for the past several years. Last year there were several swaps going on simultaneously, I was involved in two. I tied my flies, sent them in and never heard anything from Mark.......he just disappeared off the radar. Several others were in the same boat. I never complained, Mark had always been very reliable in the past, I just figured something really important had come up and he would get around to the swap duties once he had everything under control, but in the end it never happened. We have tried numerous methods of contacting Mark, including knocking on his front door to no avail. The other issue we were running into last year was that people that had signed up for the swap were not honoring the deadline, some folks were more than an a month late in getting there flies in. I was guilty as anyone so I'm not going around pointing fingers at anyone, it was just happening and so this year we have tried to encourage folks that sign up for a swap that they honor the deadline. So after that fiasco we decided to regroup the fly swaps and go at a slower pace with only one fly swap going at a time and with a preapproved swap meister, that way if we have a repeat, at least it would be on a more limited scale. This year we have held four very successful swaps, each swap went off without a hitch and everyone got there flies in on time. With summer approaching, that is why I asked whether or not we should continue with swaps as most folks would rather fish then tie while the fishing is available. I have no problem with continuing the swaps, I just don't want to see us lapsing back into the same issues we had last year.

Larry