Thread: Sharkskin
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 10:34 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sharkskin

Since you already have the 10 weight Sharkskin you might as well use it. Just get some stripping guards and enjoy. They can be easily found via Google.
I've had to use these before Sharkskin was even a thought. Salt and dirt particles on a line as well as just plain old heat from friction can give you boo-boo's.

itchmesir, I can't help but wonder what kind of guides they put on those CT's. I have a lot of time using Sharkskin and did notice some wear on the epoxy around my guides but nothing on the guides themselves.
Then again, some guides wore out on fly rods even before Sharkskin was a thought. Friction, dirt and soft materials used on guides will create wear if used enough.
Still, Sharkskin, guides are whatever, wear like that on a three weight is a shocker to me.