View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 07:21 AM

mattwolf is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Moose River Plains or ?

I live about 20 miles south of the Adirondacks near Utica, NY The West Canada Creek is probably the best around Old Forge. I am in Old Forge a lot. I snowmobile and also fish the streams up there along with the lakes. The best brook trout stream up there is Twitchel Creek. You can find it by going to Eagle Bay (between Old Forge and Inlet) and head out Big Moose Road. You can access it off of Stillwater/Big Moose Road. I know the area extrmely well. Was just up there this past weekend looking at a hourse to buy in Big Moose. Send me an im if you want to know more information or email me at mattwolf@yahnundasis.com

Thanks,

FYI there is a small orvis shop in the Old Forge Hardware store. I fished the middle brand of the moose river last year out in the moose river plains. to get there you may want to rent a truck or SUV. The road is not that great and kinda bumpy. A car would make it no problem though. I only caught a couple shiners on the moose river last year. There is also the Ceder River out there.