View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 08:05 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: And here comes the water...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyb View Post
Yellowstone went the past few days from what I have read. The reports say choc milk in Livingstone.

We get a small golden stone hatch here. I have yet to witness more than just a few on the water but have seen 100s of shucks in some sections. Must have missed them by a few days. Which I fear is the case now. I still fish a hopper/stone dry later in the season after awhile I figure they memorize the food source.

You should try fishing it some time if your in the area again. Smaller water but awesome dry fly fishing.
Big golden stones are nocturnal, so if you are seeing even a few during the day you should definitely still try tossing some around. Fish have memories, and they love those big bugs!