View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 04:50 PM

charged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Dupage River is on FIRE!!!

The area that got hit the worst up here is also called river drive, and runs just west of the river. My brother has a house on it, and it filled up to the basement ceiling.

Once we realized his house became a lost cause, we shifted our intentions towards mine (about 3 blocks in the other direction), and swiftly started carying everything up out of my basement into the upper levels, do to having a unfinished basement luckily I did not end up loosing anything.

I have a brother in law that lives in Plainfield, about 3 blocks east of the dupage river, and I know you guys also got hit very hard.

Around 4pm my brother in law got a knock on his door, the story I was told is that someone told him a dam was being opened, and expect the water to go up about 5 feet from where it was. His subdivisions streets had no exit, so he got permission from a few neighbors to drive his classic car out though a couple back yards. That evening I drove out to his place, and helped him get every thing out of his basement.

That flood was one for the ages. Glad to hear you also came out of it okay. Its a nice fun little fly fishing river when it behaves, good luck out there!