View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 10:34 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Damn! That was a humbling experience.

Great story! Welcome to the club ! I spend a week or so every year in Islamorada. Those flats can really be puzzling at times and it takes time to get the feel for it. And as far as Poons go they are the most humbling fish there is ! Hard enough getting your casts on target in one quick false cast wait until you hook or should I say attempt to hook one. One thing I learned is fight a couple on spinning gear first it gives you an idea of what your in for . And failure is part of the fly tarpon relationship. Most years I land my share this year between a run off and some short lived hookups none to the leader. But it's the most fun you can have while being humbled by the silver king!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser