View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 12:53 PM

stenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant future
Default Re: And here comes the water...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyb View Post

Edit- I have always been told they are golden stones here, but after you peaked my thirst for knowledge I think they might be Skwalas. After some research I formed this conclusion based off of the nymphs and size.
That is a Skwala - female

Click the image to open in full size.

Interesting thing about Skwala's, the males have short (non-functioning) wings, and they can only crawl about for the most part... so all mating takes place in the streamside rocks and vegetation. As a result they find themselves in the drink a lot and big trout prowl the banks.

I do well on the middle Provo River here in Utah high-sticking a #10 Prince Nymph with a clipped Antron wing when the shucks start showing up on rocks and bridges. They've been "on" here for the past 2-3 weeks.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring