Thread: Uplining
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 03:26 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uplining

Quote:
Originally Posted by speycracker View Post
Silver creek

Freshwater bass are my primary target with that rod and I sometimes use a small Colorado spinner with a bushy fly.
So the over lining is to get more line mass to propel a heavier or bushier fly but not for long distances.

My concern was that you were using the 11 wt to catch fish that required an 11 wt rod like a tarpon. It seems to me that the 6 wt could handle the fish you are after. As long as you are aware of the point at which the rod begins to break down during the cast, I think you are going to be OK.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy