View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 06:39 PM

petee is a name known to allpetee is a name known to allpetee is a name known to allpetee is a name known to allpetee is a name known to allpetee is a name known to all
Default Sage "One" 7116-4 Switch

Here it is.... the final chapter in the ugly build we'll call "Bad Attitude". Never have I had a build that tried my patience so much!!!!! Granted most of the problems were caused by yours truly, but I blame the blank. First off, messed up something with the second coat and had to strip all the guides and ferrule wraps off and re-wrap. Then the reel was installed it was slightly loose on the seat. That's when I realized I made the insert about 1/4" too long so I ran out of threads on the seat. Had to tear off the aft handle and put on a new sliding ring (a 1/4" wider). Then came the construction of a new aft seat. Even with a bucket load of flaws I think she might catch something.

Blank: Sage "One" 7116-4 Switch rod
Insert: A chunk of unknown burl another builder sent me (???)
Seat: Lemk Titanium Spey with custom matching butt tack
Guide: Snake Universal Guides
Handles: Mixed cork
Wraps: Black silk with single turn blue and light gray silk separated by two turn black silk.
Winding Check: Carolina Cherry Burl.

Click the image to open in full size.

No idea why the pics are so big. Photobucket says they are 640 wide. I give up!!!!!!
"Blessed is the fly fisher who's quiver contains grass, glass & graphite custom rods." Book of Rods 3:16

Last edited by petee; 05-09-2013 at 10:14 PM.