View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 11:23 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fred, how dumb can you get?

Actually Rick, Maxima is very good stuff, be it main line or leader. But all of this stuff (brand being beside the point) has a "shelf life" for a lack of a better term. Heat/sunlight will degrade all of them at some point.

Anyway, off to 'Big R' tomorrow to get new material and get these sink tips loaded up with butt sections. All will have 10# Maxima off the end of that. Spring King Fishing .... here I come!

Gear Guys will use much heavier material, but with a fly rod you have to scale it down to something practical. Used to use 9 and 10 weight rods, but far too much 'stick' for me at this point. But loved to use that Meiser 16' 10 weight; you could cast a concrete block with that Puppy. Now I just look at it ........