View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 08:27 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted4887 View Post
Nice tie.

Although this could start an interesting debate over whether you're better off imitating natural food, or something big and flashy. I tend to lean towards the latter, because musky don't eat very often at all despite their reputations for killing everything that comes close. I like something that will get they're attention and maybe tickle that lateral line a little bit. Although admittedly, fly fisherman are at a big disadvantage when it comes to lateral line tickles though compared to gear guys.

Anyways, I just felt like typing something this morning. Good luck this weekend with the unicorns.
Good points, Ted and I happen to be of the mindset that if one or the other is good, then both must be best. This fly is loaded with flash )over 80 strands total combining krystal flash and mylar flash. I like to combine different textures of flash in these things. On top of matching not only the hatch but adding lots of flash, there are also 3 rattling elements - 2 rattle eyes and one of those rattle tube things. When it comes to musky, I like to throw everything at them and the kitchen sink in one pretty 6" package.

Click the image to open in full size.

^that was my first musky on the fly using a firetiger version of this fly. Third cast of the day landed her and I had 6 more follows with the same fly on that day