View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 09:30 AM
random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Nymphs for smallmouth bass?

Congrats on the fish!

My intro to river run smallies were accidental catches file fishing for trout. Biggest smallie I ever landed was on a 16 Light Cahill DRY. Fish was rising in the same spot regularly sipping duns of the surface gracefully.For me that was up in the wierd-factor range with watching a little bunny swim across a narrow section of the Farmington.

My experience with smallies is rather limited with sort of a hit-or-miss-best-guess approach. I do have several largish Picket Pins (weighted) and some big heavy stone fly nymphs in my smallie boxes.

Have a buddy who throw a #12 GR hare's ear at just about anything and has picked up a lot of smallies with it.

The smallies acting like trout have all occurred in the lower Deerfield not so far upstream from where it flows into the Conneticut.
I'm currently out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message, and if you would like to reach me by phone, please hang up now.