View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: North American fishing club product tester?

I have heard of this group. Although, even if they were a fly fishing oriented outfit I would still have a problem testing gear for them. I'll try to clarify that statement below.

For instance, if you were contacted by Simms and ask to test various waders - boots - and etc. using a new wader every other trip would not impair your personal experience at all. This would possibly be a good thing if you were allowed to keep the gear as you went. As a fisherman and not a professional field tester we have rods and reels that we like. We bought them because we like them.

Being ask to use a different rod - line - leader - or reel constantly throughout the season would only be fun for me if I were considered an employee of the test company. In other words, I have done some tests for companies. What I find is that testing things once in a while is not a big deal. Writing up a detailed review regarding the results requires some work. On its face the proposition of testing gear sounds good, it's the hidden elements of being a good field tester that sully the deal.

They probably aren't going to send you the 2013 rods and reels from Sage, Orvis, Loomis, Winston, Hardy, and etc. If that becomes the case you may well want to look into the offer.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;