View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 01:00 PM

fichy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I am addicted to fly fishing for carp,

I've been sightfishing carp in upstate NY for the past 20 years. For the first 12 or so, the only competition was from bowhunters. Glad to see you appreciate them. I use a white CDC fly for cottonwood seeds. I fish clear rivers with current , as well as flats. Rubber legged buggers tied with small dumbell eyes and small bunny leaches with tungsten coneheads work for me, along with various buggy nymphs, most tied with beadchain eyes. I've also done well with worm flies. I broke 30 lbs. already this year, so I'm off to a good start. Go to Carp Pro Magazines discussion board, you'll find a bunch of guys that will give you all the info you need to be successful. The aforementioned Mr. Montana and more recently myself, are both heavily contributing members. I live on the NY/Vt. border and fish the Hudson and its tribs above Troy, NY. I have caught them in 9 other states, too. Carp are a blast. If you're near my area , send me a PM. Always glad to show people the things I've learned over time.

Charlie