View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 02:17 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Not fly ... but spin

Nice looking condition if the handle is any indication!

If you notice, the rings are tapered inside. That taper matches the tapered reel foot. Slide them up on the reel foot & friction & tension in the rings should hold the reel securely. However, I've known guys with that type of set-up who also taped the reel with electrical tape to keep the rings from moving.

I had a similar spinning rod many years ago when I was a kid. The rings were like large springs, made with wire. It worked fine but would occasionally get loose.

As far as the spiral wrap of the guides, I've not used a rod like that but have seen them with both spinning & baitcasters. I don't recall seeing any trolling rods like that, but doesn't mean they're not done that way.

Perhaps Steeldrifter, being a rod builder can add a bit of insight to that design.

EC has had some pretty nice rods over the years. Some have a good following now, and are very desirable for fishing & collecting. IMO, you should give it a try & see how you like it! I know I would!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!