Thread: Yard Practice ?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 10:05 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Yard Practice ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimp View Post
would all the knots and such not affect the overall process thru increased wind resistance ??
There might be a touch of windage there but not much it seems. Knotted leaders were all we had for years. With the knots my biggest problems are weeds and other junk getting caught by them and my less-than perfect knot tying capability. When you get rolling at this fly fishing stuff you'll probably be tying tippet onto your leader eventually anyhow. It's a lot cheaper than buying new leaders.
I use knotted leaders less and less as knotless leaders keep getting better and better at providing the best transition from thick butt section to fine tippet.
Besides... throwing big hairy's, poppers and indicators makes for a huge amount of wind resistance that a halfway decent leader will help you overcome.
Enjoy the ride.