View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 11:35 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 pages anbd a project away from freedom!

For Jollies, look up (if you don't already know) the import and banning of the musket. Year'ish later you had a war on our hands.

Next is we won. 1/3 wanted/supported, 1/3 wanted nothing to do with it, 1/3 supported King George (rough number's here only). Those that supported KG (the 3rd?) were given a choice. Get out, and get out. Many went north to eastern Canada ... which was French.

Canada still lives (politically) with how that turned out. Ever buy a box/can of food 'up there?' Labels have to be printed in both languages. Lot of us still refer to them as 'Frogs.'

Yes, I was born/raised in Canada.

fae

Didn't take the Colonial troupes too long to figure out 'pitched battles,' unless needed (you usually got your ass kicked) was not a good "Plan A." Every one knows about 'Gorilla Warfare,' actually invented here. In 'Europe' the fighting was long lines of troupes blasting away at each other at 50 or less yards and Officer's, or aiming at same, was a 'no-no.' The 'Kentucky Long Rifle' took care of that; you could pop one off his horse at 150-200 yards if you were a good shot. And if you owned one, you probably were. Not the invention of the 'Sniper,' but pretty close.

'Cut off the head and you kill the snake' was one description I remember reading.

But I ramble.

Last edited by fredaevans; 05-11-2013 at 12:00 PM. Reason: edit.