View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 01:55 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alaskans to D.C.: Stop Pebble Mine From Destroying 14,000 American Jobs

I'm on board. I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinions one way or another, I'm exercising the right to express mine. My stance is not based on political or economical stance, I'm going with personal experiences I've seen through the years in my home state. Studies to me, are only as good to me as the groups who produce them and the individuals who fund them. There are going to be PRO and CON studies I'm sure depending on whom you ask.

I have seen first hand the damage that mining can do to streams. It's taken a long time for some of PA's streams to overcome the mining from years past that's lead to acid mine leakage into our waterways. Some have been damaged beyond repair so it seems, others have made a come back. Currently, fracking is going on everywhere you turn your head in this state. Some of the streams I've fished through the years have never been the same since the fracking began.

I am in favor of preserving what few remaining pristine places we have left on this planet, Lord knows we've done damage through the years to it. We've also made some positive strides, so I don't see it all as doom and gloom. I just prefer to see the few wonderful places like this remain the way nature grew it and intended it. Once these resources are wiped out, they can take a lifetime if ever to be rehabilitated.