View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there a limit?

I shot video this winter where I did a 91' cast that had no haul and stuck to the 10 and 2 stroke. I did use a bit of wrist and late rotation, but I don't think that's cheating to much, and I did it with a fast rod and a long belly line, which was not the right line to try that stunt.

You can actually toss a line pretty far without a haul if you just watch for proper form and don't lazy the rod to much.

Now as I said, that was a stunt. You really should learn to haul. Also, your backcast hitting the grass behind you is probably that you are going well opast 2 o'clock tithe the rod. You may also be waiting to long to go into your forward stroke. A good thing to do is watch your backcast. I have a very hard time because I have wrecked every disc in my neck and looking right is not an easy thing, but if you can, you may want to start doing that.

As a final note, and I tell this to a lot of people, the best toll to find out what you are doing wrong is video. Shoot video of your cast and watch it. If you still can't figure out where you are going wrong, post it where we can see it and we will figure out what you need to fix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundy View Post
I can cast the line with about 3' of running line past the end of the rod tip.
If you can get that head out and a bit of overhang like you sound like you are saying here, if you put any line speed at all on it it and shoot with that amount out right there, you should be able to get a fair amount of distance.