View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 06:16 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Your proudest fly tying moment

I can't say I have a single moment, but likely several. When I was tying commercially I had a good following from a few regular customers. One fellow informed me he had caught well over 100 bass on a single slider I had tied for him & it still looked to be in good shape. He told me my flies were the best flies he had ever used. Comments like that always made me feel like I was doing things right. In the 15 years I sold flies, I often attended small shows & was proud to have my flies looked over & commented on by the likes of Lefty, Bob Clouser, Gary Borger, and Ted Godfrey and several other well known fly anglers. But the one that stuck in my memory the most was the late Ernest Schwiebert, who I have always admired as both a writer & fly angler. He looked threw several display boxes of flies & simply said, "those are wonderful"!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!