View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 07:19 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cabelas L-Tech on Sale FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlai View Post
Itchme, you may be right, it's just what the Cabela guys said.

Do you have a Prestige Plus? Is it in the same weight class as the SLV? A half the price of an SLV I may try it out.
SLV is a large arbor reel... Prestige Plus is a Mid-Arbor... PP will hold more backing than the SLV... SLV is about an oz. lighter than the PP... The 8/9 SLV is a tad bit lighter than the PPIII and the SLV 7/8 is lighter by over an ounce and smaller by ~1/4"... But the PPIII holds more line... the 8/9 SLV has a pick up rate of 12" so that's some quick line pick up if you need to get to the reel quickly... The mid-arbor PP would pick up line at a slower rate...

Owning an 8/9 SLV... I'd pick it over the Prestige Plus III... I like the looks better... And I've dinged up my SLV pretty good and it's still going strong... Unlike my PP which is sitting somewhere with a broken spool... Currently my 8/9 is warming the bench as its been replaced by my Allen Alpha III... But will make a great back-up reel or reel for a future 8 or 9 wts