View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 07:19 PM

itchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cabelas L-Tech on Sale FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlai View Post
Itchme, you may be right, it's just what the Cabela guys said.

Do you have a Prestige Plus? Is it in the same weight class as the SLV? A half the price of an SLV I may try it out.
SLV is a large arbor reel... Prestige Plus is a Mid-Arbor... PP will hold more backing than the SLV... SLV is about an oz. lighter than the PP... The 8/9 SLV is a tad bit lighter than the PPIII and the SLV 7/8 is lighter by over an ounce and smaller by ~1/4"... But the PPIII holds more line... the 8/9 SLV has a pick up rate of 12" so that's some quick line pick up if you need to get to the reel quickly... The mid-arbor PP would pick up line at a slower rate...

Owning an 8/9 SLV... I'd pick it over the Prestige Plus III... I like the looks better... And I've dinged up my SLV pretty good and it's still going strong... Unlike my PP which is sitting somewhere with a broken spool... Currently my 8/9 is warming the bench as its been replaced by my Allen Alpha III... But will make a great back-up reel or reel for a future 8 or 9 wts