View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 08:43 AM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I have found Nirvana!

Bluegills (and LM bass) are my bread and butter fish. Trout are my favorite, but are 3-4 hours away and require vacation time and budget money. Bluegills and bass, however, are within walking distance.

That article by Dave Whitlock is dead on.

Incidentally, as a pastor and spiritual director, if you find yourself getting sad, jealous, depressed, etc. over what's somewhere else or what some other place has that your current place doesn't, that's actually a spiritual illness. It's what happened to the Israelites in the desert when they started grumbling: God and Moses had forsaken them, they'd been led to the desert to die of thirst, it was better to be slaves in Egypt, etc.

If you detect that sort of thinking in yourself or someone you know, be very wary. A person in that state is listening to lies. The Israelites were being exterminated in Egypt and were nonetheless saying at the Red Sea that they were better off back there. In other words, they started lying to themselves and others because they couldn't see any hope in the situtation they were in. Dumb. Totally dumb. And we all do it.

Liars do it in part because they think there's no hope when the truth comes out. The truth for Israel was that a miracle was about to take place, one that would overwhelm a seemingly invincible enemy, save them all, and lead them home. Thinking they were all about to be killed and slaughtered and utterly depsairing and desolate, they were about to see absolute victory. Because one man believed and hoped and prayed.

This is how to live.