Thread: 5-Weight Revamp
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 09:50 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5-Weight Revamp

Looks like progress! When you mix up the finish personally I'd stay away from a popsicle stick. The wood has the potential to pick up contaminates that could impact the clarity of the finish. I use the plastic butt end of a cheap disposable brush to mix mine and mix it in a plastic medicine cup (be sure they are clean). I have used sable brushes for finish and then cleaned them but often just use the cheap brushes you can get at a hobby store. I cut the bristles shorter and at a bit of an angle. As others said, keep the left over finish and the brush since it will let you test how the finish is curing without touching the wraps. Then I keep the brush and use the end to mix up the next batch