View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 09:59 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ever have one of those days...

Dan: I hope your still smiling, that sounded awful! When I lived in Laramie, I used to go over to Delaney Buttes Lakes (just west of Walden, CO) with my drift boat. When the wind would come up I would put my anchor out, but the wind would just keep pushing me across the lake. I learned to be real careful about where I was on the lake because of the wind, my boat is a high side so it gets pushed pretty easy in high winds. When I moved up to Pinedale and fish the lakes I always plan on being on the west side of the lake in case the wind comes up, that way it won't be such a fight to get back to the truck.

It seems like everytime I float the Grey Reef the wind comes up and it always blows up river. About a mile or so from the Lusby takeout the current is vitually zip, so when the wind comes up it can actually push you up river forcing you to row against the wind.

My weekend wasn't much better, Friday I decided to go up to the Warren Bridge on hwy 191 and fish the upper Green. As I pulled off the hwy I stopped to take a leak, then got back in the truck and headed to campground #1, only to find that the dog in the back seat was missing, at that point I noticed the rear window was rolled all the way down which I never do. We spent all weekend looking for her and haven't turned up anything yet. We spread posters all over, called the Sheriff's office, the animal control folks, the local vet, even called up to Jackson in case someone traveling through saw her on the hwy and picked her up.