View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 11:49 PM

trout champ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Longevity of waders

I have a pair of old school Simms Guide waders and they are damn near bomb proof. I have worn them at least once a week for the last five years or so. I have worn them hiking into Cheeseman Canyon, easily 2 or 3 miles one way, I've worn them in drift boats floating the Arkansas, I even wore them hiking up a mountain to fish a little gem called Ptarmigin Lake. I have cooked in them at camp, slid down rocky hillsides (both intentional and unintentionally), worked countless hours doing stream side restorations, bushwhacked my way through thorny bushes and even slept in them one time.

They fit extremely well. They breathe great. Simms are made in Montana. I have never had to use their repair services, yet, but I know guys that have and they are out of this world. Simms really does stand behind their products.

Mine have just started to leak right around the bootie seams on both feet. Other than that there have been some pinholes easily fixed with some alcohol and Aquaseal. They have served me well. I will only use Simms waders!

Randy