View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 08:45 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default Question On Japanese Flies

I am looking for information on what type flies are used for trout in Japan. A little background for you. One of my main fishing buddies works for Auto Alliance; joint venture of Ford and Mazda. He took a kindred soul under his wing, an engineer from Japan; and introduced him to steelhead. Nobbi San, became a regular on our trips last year, and a welcome member to our group. He was more then willing to share insight and gear normally not seen here; some of the Elk Creek PA regulars may have seen him with his 28' rod...

Nobbi San keeps in touch with us now that he is back in Japan and sent us a very special care package composed of some items he willingly shared when fishing with us. We had asked if he could get us a source for the material and he just bought it for us and refuses to take any money for it.

We decided to put together a fly box for him to use back home, and I would like to tye something that will be of use for fishing, not just something to look at.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. What are the normal sizes, caddis, stones, mayflies?

Thanks,

Dan