View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 04:57 PM

bigtone1411 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Longevity of waders

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise View Post
I switched from simms to cabelas 6 years ago after swearing I would never use another wader. I had been in simms since 1992. Cabelas had these guide waders on sale for 169...so I picked them up and man what a pair of waders they have been. I really don't know anyone harder on their wading gear than myself. I am not sure who I will go with next time but I just wanted to throw the Cabelas wader into the mix because they are a company that stands behind their stuff and it almost seems like simms may make that wader for them.
Hey cochise, I bought those same pair of Cabelas Guide waders six years ago also. They have been to Montana several times, Alaska once and tons of fishing, camping and duck hunting trips here in CA. And I don't even take good care of them. I am going to cry when they eventually leak.

I have looked over Cabelas wader selection since then, and they don't appear to be the same type or make. I don't know who made them for Cabelas but they are awesome. Oh well, on the 7th year and still going strong. I'll keep my fingers crossed.