View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 07:58 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fishing in Denver (literally right in town/local parks)

Great question! I've been here a couple years and have yet to explore the stuff in town much but eye ponds and streams - so far when I have times I head for the mountains but this year my brother and I are planning on fishing in town some too. You can find reports on the S Platte in town, (I know Trout's fly fishing has one) especially focusing on the carp fishing though also trout and bass. I doubt many ponds hold trout since the temps get pretty warm in the summer but it would be nice to be wrong about that. Once the water in the ponds and lakes gets warmer I plan to explore them with a popper. I love fishing for bass on a fly rod.

Of the rods you have I'd bring the 5wt for bass. Streamers work and bass will take dries but I'd pick up some poppers as well. I know Trouts carries bass and carp flies and I think Bass Pro does as well as other shops in town. I'm just a bit East of you