View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 09:49 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Favorite way to store flys

I use various boxes & bags to both store & carry flies. I have 2 of the boxes that Dennis posted. They're my boat boxes. I use different size Plano/Flambeau boxes to keep my extra flies, several fly boxes for different types of flies that I'll carry, and a couple of the bags that are normally used for plastic baits. I use them for some bigger flies, and add some extra inserts so I have quite a few flies in a bag.

I don't have pictures of the bags, but do have some of the various boxes I use.

This is a Fox Box.
Click the image to open in full size.

My 2 boat boxes. Same as the box Dennis posted.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Waterproof Fly Boxes.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Medium Plano/Flambeau box.

Large Plano/Flambeau.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Another Medium Plano/Flambeau box.

Flambeau box, polystyrene. Clear. I used these for display when I tied flies commercially. Don't like carrying them as this type plastic cracks easily, but they're great for storage.

Smaller Plano/Flambeau box.

Small Pocket Size Flambeau box. This one is several years old.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!