View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 10:36 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will I kill 'em?

The thing you need to be mindful of during the warmer weather is the water temperature of the stream you're fishing. That's why it's always good practice to carry a thermometer.

If you're fishing spring fed creeks that keep the water running cool, you can fish for trout just as you would during the cooler months--provided the water temps stay cool enough.

My rule of thumb is that when the water gets to about 65 degrees or higher, I probably should not be fishing for trout or look for cooler waters. There's plenty of smallmouth action to get into at that point.

Here's a good article that's worth your time.

Trout and Water Temperature: How Hot is Too Hot? | Hatch Magazine - Fly Fishing, etc.

Last edited by jaybo41; 05-15-2013 at 07:43 AM.