View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 08:10 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of
Default Do you Woolly Bugger?

As the Bows come out of spawn and head back into their more mundane and routine lives as the waters dirty, I find them very willing and able and somewhat antsy to hit the moving fly or lure. I love this aggression, and I love this aggression with rainbows.

Fishing the Bugger you will see a ton of fish. I love the visual effects of the Bugger, I always try and see my Bugger as the productivity will jump tremendously if you use your eyes instead of your feel. As I have noticed browns are great bugger fodder but a lot of the times the browns seem to be playing around with the fly...They pop at it, swipe at it...maybe even grab the tail...A lot of the time the strike seems to be out of aggression not hunger.

Rainbows on the other hand seem to hit it for nothing other than pure dining pleasure. They "eat" in other words. Spring bows and most bows I get on the bugger seem like they want it when they decide they will actually hit it. "let him eat it".

This spring has been no different. I love a water that is on the rise, slightly stained and before the runoff starts. Its a Big Bow Boone! This is a great time of the year as we wait for high waters to engulf our streams and rivers.

Then on to still waters for a month or so...I hope to have the same success on the still waters as I have had on the moving waters this spring.

I love watching nature come out of her winter hiding.