View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 09:03 AM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of
Default Re: I'm so tired of getting ripped off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickf View Post

And the China quality is so much better than the junk we make in the US!
I'm going to assume that you are a very young man, possibly a guy that just took his first economics class and now has it ALL FIGURED OUT!

Chinese manufacturing is NOT better quality that what we manufacture here in the US, in fact it is EXACTLY the opposite. China offers cheap labor, and that is their ONLY value driver. Can China manufacture to Western standards? YES – provided that a fully staffed Quality Assurance team is imported to oversee the production on a weekly (sometimes daily) basis. And these folks want to live a Western lifestyle while they're stranded there as well. This all costs $$$ yes, but sadly all those costs in addition to ocean freight still allows companies to lower their costs and it all comes down to the cost of labor.

The reason I say you must be a youngster, is because it seems like you can't remember when the quality of normal household items was a lot better. Decades of Chinese (and other LCC) sourcing has lowered our expectations. US companies have been forced to cut corners and try to lower their costs to compete. US companies seem to be falling into this "niche" market for people that want to pay more for higher quality… and there is nothing wrong with that last part by the way.

Quote:

If one of those China young girls made something bad ....... they would get their hands chopped off or maybe beat with a whip!
I don't know a polite way of saying that this statement is simply a load of ****. They may be severely over-worked and underpaid by global standards, but tortured? Sounds like a tall tale (and I'm sure there are dozens if not hundreds of members on this site that have spent time in China on business that will tell you the same).

Quote:

Here, in America, we have fat lazy stupid workers who will spit in your food if they get the chance!
OK, I'm all for freedom of speech and all (something you WOULD NOT HAVE IN CHINA by the way). But this is beyond insulting, way off base… a broad-stroked, ill-advised opinion, and quite frankly, you owe a huge apology to EVERYONE on this board that works for a living in the United States of America.

Quote:

…and a Orvis Large Arbor reel ($200)…
And for a communist-sympathizer to complain about spending a few bucks on nippers that will last a few years, and then drop two (2) bills on "arguably" the least concerning piece of equipment on a fly rod set-up? You could have spent less than $50 on a reel and had the best gold-plated nippers on the planet!

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring