View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 01:16 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm so tired of getting ripped off!

What the heck? These sort of conversations normally pop up during the winter months. The initial response was somewhat opinionated and could probably have used a little more tact, but it still deserves a response.
Walmart's tackle sales isn't what makes or breaks it's financial statement. Of course they sell stuff cheaper. I always walk through the fishing isle when I'm there, I buy some generic items like hooks and bobbers for the kids, line, some lures if they catch my eye.
A fly shop owner or tackleshop feeds his family selling only tackle, I expect to pay a bit more. In exchange I get personalized service, tips on current hatches or the saltwater bite. I make friends there, they remember my name and I even get an urgent text when there's a bite on. The selection isn't always ideal, but the advise is priceless. I go out of my way to spend money in local shops, hopefully it keeps them around.