View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 01:54 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Species specific fly lines

Ard, that's exactly how I feel about it. I have a "Steelhead & Salmon" line, a "Striped Bass" line & a "Bass Bug Taper" line. All WF in 9 wt. The only difference I can see in them, again for the fishing I do, is they're all 3 different colors. They all seem to cast the same.

I can see the value (and marketing value) in the naming for someone looking to get into a different type of fishing, for example someone who fishes for trout in small streams who wants to expand & chase Striped bass on the coast, but fact is there are other lines that can do the same duty.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!