View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 02:13 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Species specific fly lines

I think Ard's pretty much nailed this one.

But do I use 'specific lines for a specific rod for a specific application?'

You betcha! But all most all were custom lines done by Steve Godshall here in the Valley. For context, 95% of my fishing is with a 2hander rod and all are/were designed/cut/built for a specific purpose and rod.

First time out with a totally new set up on a Sage 8136-4. Two flicks and the whole thing is a Cannon! Price of the line? Not a penny more than something off the shelf. Only issue I had with the set up is my young fishing Buddy Nate Bailey reels in and walks up and does a "WOW can I try that?"

Damned guy could cast further than I could ... and I taught him how to cast a 2hander.

This is NOT good.
;>)