Thread: New PA guy
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 02:46 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: New PA guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenacron View Post
Eunan,

See my previous post on this thread, you guys should get together and car pool it to the Lehigh Valley. Those streams are teaming with trout... MUCH more productive than Valley Creek! You can fish the Martins and the Bushkill in the same day easily.

Saucon Creek runs right under I78 near Hellertown as well.

Even the upper (big) Lehigh River north of the gap at Blue Mountain... I have caught many trout, BIG trout fishing just upstream of the Turnpike bridge (Parryville area, park on the north side, close to where the Pohopoco empties in by the diner, walk upstream past the Rock Hill Cement property, and cross the river to the island from there)...

OK, don't laugh... here's a "quickie" map from PowerPoint ;-)
Click the image to open in full size.

Caught a 19" brown about 4 years ago (late May) standing right about at the end of that wading path arrow, casting to the chute riffle on the south side of the island... #16 Rusty Spinner.

Thanks, i'll have to give it a go this year. My biggest inhibition to fishing in PA is finding the access points to new water...

Addicted To Vise