Thread: Yellow perch
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 06:20 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yellow perch

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbush1127 View Post
I just bought some of those beady eye flies today ill have to give them a try!

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Does it really make a difference with the taste when it comes to the tempature of the water?
Absolutely! Perch taste great all year long but in the winter there is something special about them. We have an old timer up here , we call him Papa Franks and he only fishes one way through the ice! You can't get him to fish once the ice is out. But he only fishes fir two things Walleye and Yellow perch. He has a pool I'm his yard that he fills with fathead minnows that he buys in bulk just to fish through the ice for yellow perch! And he starts when most people wouldn't dare go on the ice and usually ends his season when you gave to wade to shore to get off the ice . Can't tell you how many times his son has had to rescue him off one of the lakes . But ask Papa about eating Yellow Perch and in his usual Pocono drawl he'll tell you why you wasting your money going to that lobster place when you got winter perch. And if he says that much your lucky . I'd meet him at ball games and he'd always ask how the open water fishing was and throw in nothing beats perch through the ice. And he's right they are delicious!

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Nice perch Marco! Love that dorsal sticking up! Like skinny Peacock Bass!Cool!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser