View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 10:53 PM

planettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant future
Default Re: Leader/tippet importance

This chart provides a rough guide to tippet/hook size:

Click the image to open in full size.

I use a lot of small Midge patterns because they work year round in the Eastern Sierra tail waters that I fish. I also use these:

They add 1 - 1 1/2 lbs. of strength to the tippet material I am using. I have used them for all my nymph fishing for a very long time...the first one's I used came from Andre Puyans' Creative Sports Enterprises here in CA, back in the early 80's.They are a good in-line indicator too. One may make their own using this method:

Frontrangeanglers.com - Shock Tippets

I will use the largest tippet I can if conditions and the Trout warrant it...they - the Trout - are generally the deciders and these are the tippet materials I prefer:

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/