View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 10:53 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of
Default Re: Leader/tippet importance

This chart provides a rough guide to tippet/hook size:

Click the image to open in full size.

I use a lot of small Midge patterns because they work year round in the Eastern Sierra tail waters that I fish. I also use these:

They add 1 - 1 1/2 lbs. of strength to the tippet material I am using. I have used them for all my nymph fishing for a very long time...the first one's I used came from Andre Puyans' Creative Sports Enterprises here in CA, back in the early 80's.They are a good in-line indicator too. One may make their own using this method:

Frontrangeanglers.com - Shock Tippets

I will use the largest tippet I can if conditions and the Trout warrant it...they - the Trout - are generally the deciders and these are the tippet materials I prefer:

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/