View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 03:12 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: I'm so tired of getting ripped off!

I'm not sure whether Rick was pulling our collective leg with a tongue in cheek post or being serious. However I did draw some interesting data from this thread.

Please bear with me to see if I make sense.

Other than long running threads like 'What Have You Been Tying Today' and the word games threads; the highest 'View Count' on the current posts board is the thread, "acceptable distance for 9' 5 wt."

That thread started on February 10 of this year and after almost 95 days it has 1948 views right now. It also has 37 replies to the thread.

When we get a thread with a title like "I'm so tired of getting ripped off!" the thread has 630 views & 30 replies in a little over 24 hours!

So what's my point?

Why are we so attracted to any threads that smack of some sort of complaint?

Why should a post about casting take 3 months to gather 37 replies and one that sounds like a complaint gather 30 in just a single day?

I'm just looking at numbers and they strike me as odd.

I am not casting aspersions on Rick for the thread, or its content, he has the right to tell us what he thinks. I'm just taken aback by the way we respond as a whole to this type topic compared to others.