View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 09:21 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm so tired of getting ripped off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Why should a post about casting take 3 months to gather 37 replies and one that sounds like a complaint gather 30 in just a single day?
I'm just looking at numbers and they strike me as odd.
I'd say that it's pretty apparent that a good number of people here take the gear that they fish with extremely seriously. There's no end of threads comparing "this reel to that reel" or "what rod should I buy".
Then a thread like this pops up comparing "affordable vs. high end" or "my gear is more patriotic than your gear" and people get defensive.
Nobody is willing to hear that they spent their money in less than ideal manner. They'll defend their decisions to the end and there won't be many willing to change their position or even think about it.

In my opinion, we are gear obsessed here and actual talk of fly fishing come in a distant second.

A quick keyword search of the forums ...

"Orvis CFO"... 213 hits
"reach cast".... 42 hits

"Sage One".... 326 hits
"pocket water".... 169 hits

"Allen Trout" reel.... 272 hits
"tail out".... 29 hits