View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 12:25 PM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice
Default Re: I'm so tired of getting ripped off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I'm not sure whether Rick was pulling our collective leg with a tongue in cheek post or being serious.
I was being serious, Hardy!

I mentioned that I paid $800 for my Helios fly rod. Fly fishing is my passion, and I'll spend whatever I have to with fly tackle. I first went to the two closest Orvis fly shops (and both didn't have a 3wt at 8'4" in Mid Flex) so I ordered online from Orvis. Wonderful company, even at 2am someone gets right back to you and they put the backing on the reel and ship right away!

I did purchase Frog Hair flouro 6X tippet (the wrong label was on, the line was super thick) ..... first time ever, I'm sure I could have exchanged it for a real 6X? Gander Mountain closed early on Sunday, so I went to WalMart (open 24 hrs) and picked up the tippet and nippers!

I was just "yappin" about the price difference. I wasn't trying to get the dealers angry!

I probably already have a lifetime supply of fly tie stuff, but like Nick suggested, I'll check out the craft stores next time.