View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 01:08 PM

bigtone1411 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Freaky Finned Carp and a few other fish

I'm sorry, were talking about carp here. Probably in the evolutionary scale, one of the most perfect, successful and hardy freshwater fish there is. They can live in poo, 90 degree water and probably will be the only thing left (beside roaches) after the nuclear hollocaust.

I agree with Ard, wild coldwater salmonids needed to be handled with kid gloves. I love how sportsmen are falling in line with the Peta types and are becoming our own worst enemies.

In another generation we will all be like that woman in the general forum post Evolution of an angler. We will just fish without hooks. Heck, maybe we won't fish at all. In that post several people responded how stressful it is for the fish to leave their feeding station to strike the hookless fly.

Hunting and fishing is a blood sport. I am disgusted with anybody who does not follow the law, practice conservation or treat natural creatures with respect. But come on!!! Every red blooded guy and girl deserves a hero shot from time to time. And you know what? Eat one once in a while. If you don't, that's when the anti's have ammunition against you.