View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 04:13 PM

JoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud of
Default Re: I'm so tired of getting ripped off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I started using a pair of nippers bought at a drug store years ago. I did this because I kept losing the Orvis nippers and the Zinger that they were attached to. The zingers either had clips or pin clasps to attach to jacket. I think I had lost 4 of them at a total of around 100 dollars for the zinger & nipper combo's. The 3.99 stainless steel jobs from Walgreen's have a black cotton neck lanyard that you wear and let the nipper hang either inside or out of fishing jacket.

3 or 4 years running and I haven't lost the tool and it's still sharp. It's not as 'cool' as the one with the Orvis logo on the zinger but I haven't lost it either.

I'm happy with some things regardless who made them or where.

Ard
Hey Ard,
My zinger is a cheepo Cabela's bottom end with a pin-on attachment. I pinned it to the inside of my vest, made a hole just big enough to get the end through and attached my nipper. I was only trying to reduce the snaggy stuff that catches line from the outside of my vest, but it sounds like this might cure your lost nipper problem, too.
John

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey