View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 07:40 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will I kill 'em?

Without firsthand knowledge of where you're fishing Shotgun I cannot say for certain. However, I will say that sort of location usually is a solid option to try during really hot conditions.

I remember several years ago when I was on my annual spring fishing trip, the weather was ridiculously warm and had been for a few days. Probably in the mid 80's at the peak of the day and only down to the high 60's/70's at night. That weather was more like early summer weather here in PA. Some of our streams got too hot to fish so what did we do? Found a tail water, right below a dam that had a very, very deep lake! The water ran very cold and we found a few willing fish.

The only way for sure to know is try it and take some readings. Even if you get there and it's too warm, try it again another time. This way you'll get a good cross reference of data to draw your conclusions from.

I've got a gem of a little stream within 30 minutes that holds wild fish. It is best fished in the spring, I avoid it during the fall so the fish can do their thing. I have found fishable water temperatures even during the summer months, the stream sits under a heavy canopy of trees. Had I not had the thermometer with me, I'd have never known. I will say that I've taken my fly rod and reel for a walk on more than one occasion to try and fish it, but that's all part of it.