View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 12:07 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exotic continued

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
I was under the impression that some points are brackish water, which is why so many saltwater species are present and can survive. Maybe I'm wrong.
The way it was explained to me and from what I read the only brackish water is at the beginning of the water treatment areas and that all the Miami canals are strictly fresh. Also i was told that many were at one tjme all salt and were converted and that any that hook up to the Everglades system are fresh.Most of the canals in Ft Lauderdale and upper Florida are salt or brackish. Jacks and Tarpon seem to have no problem tolerating the freshwater.Its really cool the way the whole system works!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser